- This event has passed.
Women in Law Series: Issues Facing Women Entering Law & the Bench
March 1, 2018, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
WLAC is proud to co-sponsor this Judicial panel addressing issues facing women and minorities entering the judiciary. Recently elected and appointed Alameda County Judges will speak about their journey in the legal profession and the bench including challenges, observations, and triumphs related to becoming a judge. Our panelists will cover:
- Challenges faced in past practice as female attorneys
- Challenges as new/female judges
- General critiques/observations of attorneys who appear before them
- Recommended strategies for professional development
- Observations of bias observed in courtroom & strategies on how to address bias
Light snacks provided. If you have dietary restrictions, please plan to bring your own food.
Cost: FREE for WLAC and ACBA Members
$115 for Non Members
Please note: there will be a $10 administrative fee if you cannot make the program, and do not cancel 24 hours in advance. A $10 fee will also be assessed for day-of and walk-in registrations.
Please register using the ACBA website. If you have trouble registering, please contact the Membership Coordinator at 510-302-2200 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge Madden, Judge Trevino, Judge Garcia
|Location:||Alameda County Bar Association
1000 Broadway, Suite 480
Oakland, CA 94607
05:30 PM – 07:00 PM