- This event has passed.
Women in Law Series: Issues Women Face as Practitioners
June 7, 2018, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
FREE FOR WLAC MEMBERS!
Call 510-302-2201 and let them know that you are a WLAC member
Hear from a panel of diverse successful women lawyers entering the practice within the past 2-8 years. The panel will bring a fresh perspective regarding the various challenges women face as law students, solo & small firm practitioners, and advocates for women’s rights.
Main Topics Include:
- An overview: Evolution of women’s rights & impacts women in law
- Current Issues:
- Hypotheticals/Examples of Implicit/Explicit Bias
- Relationships, Perceptions, Experiences
- w/ Colleagues
- w/ Opposing Counsel
- In the Court room (Judges/Staff)
- Tips & Strategies
- Current climate and what lies ahead – legislation, policy change