ATTORNEY HIRING ANNOUNCEMENT:
The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) is hiring to fill various Attorney vacancies on an open and continuous basis.
OCR is currently requesting resumes to fill General Attorney positions (GS-0905-11/12).
- Position is remote, however, OCR has regional offices in the following locations: Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA, and Washington, DC.
- Multiple positions are available.
- Current vacancies are open through May 2023.
- Applicants must have a professional law degree and have been admitted to the bar.
Next Steps for Consideration:
- Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume and optional cover letter to [email protected] as soon as possible.
- Within the email, applicants must indicate the position of interest, regional office(s) for which they want to be considered, and their veteran’s status, if applicable.
OCR accepts resumes from eligible individuals who may be considered for a noncompetitive appointment to an Attorney position via the following excepted hiring authorities: 1) Schedule A Persons with Disabilities appointments (5 C.F.R. § 213.3102(u)); 2) Veterans’ Recruitment Appointments; 3) Excepted Hiring Authority for Attorneys (5 C.F.R. § 213.3102(d)); and 4) Former Peace Corps and AmeriCorps Appointees (22 U.S.C. § 2506), respectively.
OCR will keep resumes on file for 365 days following the date of receipt. Applicants will be contacted to confirm their continued interest as vacancies occur. If contacted for an interview, a writing sample, official transcript, and a list of references will be required during later stages in the selection process. Proof of bar membership will be required upon receipt of a tentative job offer.
The current attorney vacancies and job duties are also announced at https://www.usajobs.gov/job/706336500; which is the Federal government’s official employment site. Candidates also have the option to apply to the vacancy using the Federal USA job link provided.
The Federal Attorney qualifications are attached. Additional background about OCR is at OCR (ed.gov).
Please note that [email protected] is not staffed to respond to emails.