DeHay & Elliston, a nationally recognized litigation firm, seeks two attorneys (one senior and one junior) to join our Walnut Creek office. These positions require candidates who are active members of the California State Bar. For the junior position the firm prefers a minimum of two years of experience as a litigation attorney, although it would consider less experience for the right candidate. For the senior position, 10+ years is preferred. For both positions, priority is given to attorneys with experience in toxic tort defense. The salary range for the two positions ranges from $100,000 to $275,000 depending on experience.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Civil litigation experience (toxic tort defense preferred).
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good organizational, time management, research, and analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and proactively manage a caseload.
- Ability and willingness to look at a problem from a new or different perspective and design a unique solution.
- Must have ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Assisting in working up a case from initial client contact through trial.
- Preparing and responding to discovery.
- Preparing and arguing motions, including dispositive motions.
- Taking percipient and expert depositions.
- Trial preparation and support.
- In person or hybrid remote
Experience and Requirements:
- Junior Attorney: 2+ years (Preferred)
- Senior Attorney: 10+ years (Preferred)
- Active Member of California State Bar (Required)
- Experience taking depositions (Preferred)
The good faith, annualized salary range for these positions is $100,000 to $275,000 depending on the candidate’s overall experience and other job-related factors permitted by law such as, education, training, and other responsibilities. The annual salary range listed is just one component of DeHay & Elliston’s total compensation and benefits package which includes a discretionary bonus, paid leave, health, dental, life & disability insurance, and our 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Sandner at [email protected]. All applications will be kept in strictest confidence. No phone calls please.
About DeHay & Elliston, LLP:
DeHay & Elliston, LLP has offices in Walnut Creek, Los Angeles, Chicago, Madison County, IL, Dallas, Houston, Charleston, WV, and Baltimore. We currently have approximately 30 attorneys and 40 support staff practicing heavily in complex civil litigation. Additional information about DeHay & Elliston can be found at www.DeHay.com.