October 7, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Historical, Legal and Activist Perspectives on Affirmative Action
Use link to register: https://ucla.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_INRslH9_RmC08C0iJWr3bQ
Moderated by Professor Vinay Harpalani, the event features:
- Dr. César A. Cruz, author of Revenge of the Illegal Alien, and participant in the 1995 student hunger strike against Proposition 209
- Professor Cheryl I. Harris, Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Professor in Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, UCLA School of Law
- Professor Jerry Kang, Distinguished Professor of Law and Asian American Studies, and Founding Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, UCLA School of Law
- Eva Paterson, President and Founder of Equal Justice Society, and Yes on 16 Campaign Chairperson
- Thomas A. Saenz, President and General Counsel of the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and Yes on 16 Campaign Chairperson.
Sponsored by Asian American Bar Association of Northern California; California Lawyers Association; Charles Houston Bar Association; Chinese for Affirmative Action; Center on Law, Equality and Race at UC-Irvine; Center for Racial and Economic Justice at UC Hastings Law; Critical Race Studies at UCLA School of Law; Dolan Law Firm; Equal Justice Society; Filipino Bar Association of Northern California; Mexican-American Legal Defense & Educational Fund; Repair; and UC Berkeley’s Asian American Studies program.
For questions regarding disability access, please contact [email protected].